20 Minute Stir Fry Thai Chicken with Cashew Nuts
Prep Time: 10 Mins Cook Time: 10 mins Difficulty: Easy
Lovely flavours and so simple to make.
Stir Fry Sauce:
1 teaspoon Soy Sauce
1 tablespoon Sweet dark soy sauce
1 tablespoon Fish Sauce
1 tablespoon Brown Sugar
Coriander to taste
Chicken Stir Fry:
· 2 tablespoons oil
· 2 cloves minced garlic
· ½ small onion chopped
· 4 dried red chilies (or 2 fresh)
· 75g cashew nuts
· 400g skinless chicken thigh or breast, bite size pieces
Serve with Jasmine or basmati rice
Tip: I love a side of green beans with this
1. Stir Fry Sauce: Mix all of the ingredients together and set aside.
2. Chicken Stir Fry: Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan for 5 minutes over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot enough to produce a sizzle when a drop of water hits it, add in all of the cashew nuts. Fry until they turn light brown just a couple of minutes – watch carefully as they can burn quickly. Remove them from the oil with a slotted spoon and set them on a paper towel to rest.
3. Add the garlic, onion, and dried red chilies to the oil. Stir-fry for 3-5 minutes (depending on your stove) or until you can start to smell the spicy aroma of the chilies. Add the chicken and continue to stir-fry until the chicken is cooked through (about 4-5 minutes). Return the cashews to the pan and toss with chicken.
4. Add the sauce to the wok and toss all of the ingredients to coat them well. Turn off the heat and add in the chopped scallions.
5. Serve immediately with jasmine or basmati rice.